Assisted Living, Memory Care and Respite Care
Northern Michigan’s premier senior living community, Perry Farm Village, located just minutes from downtown Harbor Springs, encompasses the area’s preeminent Assisted Living, Memory Care and Respite Care residence.
The Birches proudly fosters compassionate, professional care in an environment that encourages physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. The 20 purposefully designed residences feature ground-level access with private, open floorplans, situated around the inspiring beauty of gardens and grounds. With staff access to registered nurses 24/7 and professional care, an individual program of support is created for each resident, resulting in a plan that is unique and precise to individual needs.
We pride ourselves in thoroughly and properly training all staff members. Through ongoing specialized training and education, our care staff is committed to clinical excellence—utilizing best practices and competencies to ensure top-notch care and favorable influence of overall quality of life.
At The Birches, residents enjoy a warm, welcoming environment that feels like home. Underneath the inviting décor is a meaningful design that promotes residents’ highest levels of independence and well-being, while providing endless opportunities to explore.
- Private suites
- Wide walkways
- Multiple gathering areas
- Access to secure outdoor garden courtyard
- Large windows with an abundance of natural light and beautiful Northern Michigan views
- Electronic security measures
Features and Benefits
Residents at The Birches enjoy a rich variety of amenities in a warm and welcoming community of friends.
- Three chef-inspired meals and snacks daily
- Medication management/care management
- Assistance with personal care (dressing, bathing, bathroom, etc.)
- 24/7 nursing support
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Fun, engaging, inspirational and life enriching activities
- Use of 3rd party care and therapy services welcome
The Birches Floor plan
Specially Designed Features
- Enjoy all of Northern Michigan’s spectacular seasons in the secured garden courtyard
- Relax and catch up with family and friends in front of the double-sided safety fireplace
- Share 3 chef inspired daily meals in the tranquil, spacious dining room
- Participate in a plethora of daily life-enriching activities
- 20 well-appointed Assisted Living and Memory Care suites
- Full, private bathroom with low profile shower
- Ample closet and storage space
- Personal response system, to alert onsite staff
- Designed to meet ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance
Assisted Living, Memory Care and Respite Care Rates
The Birches offers residents the benefit of 24-hour on-site staffing, as well as 24-hour on-call Nurse Manager services and Triage. Our Assisted Living and Memory Care is licensed by the State of Michigan as an AFC (Adult Foster Care) facility.
All-inclusive rates shown include rent, utilities, meals, snacks, activities, transportation and noted care.
Level 1 $7,195 per month
- Medication management
- Supervision, cues, and minimal assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Personal help button
- Nursing supervision and coordination of care
- Maintenance items
- Stand-by assist for showers 2 times a week
- Laundry service
Level 2 $8,225 per month
Includes all services from Level 1, plus
- Daily assistance with one or more activities of daily living (e.g. transfers, mobility, locomotion, toileting, dressing, and bathing 2 times per week)
- Mobility assistance to activities and meals
- Frequent reminders and/or verbal cueing
- Some assistance with bathroom, and incontinent care
Level 3 $9,350 per month
Includes all services from Level 1 and 2, plus
- Frequent monitoring and intervention of resident behavior including, but not limited to, mood, impulse, poor safety awareness, balance and/or exploring
- Extensive assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s), includes 2 person transfer and mechanical lift
- Assist/perform catheter and colostomy care
Respite Care $297 per day
- Minimum of 14 days
- Maximum of 60 day
- Based on room availability
Care at The Birches includes emotional support, and appropriate activities & companionship with staff and other residents.